Monday, March 12, 2012

Drink To Your Health


Hey there, lovelies. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I caught up with some dear conservatory friends of mine and basically ran amuck in the Big Apple. We're actually off to the Metropolitan Opera tonight to catch Gaetano Donizetti's L'elisir d'Amore. Super excited!

Before I get my day going, I'll be making myself a green smoothie for breakfast. About a month ago, my friend Robert introduced me to some delicious and healthy recipes, and I've been hooked ever since. I usually make a classic raw green smoothie with kale, spinach, banana, blueberries, honey and a splash of OJ. It's been my go-to breakfast for the past month, and I absolutely love that not only is it super yummy, but by having one I'm getting some seriously beneficial vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.

If you're not 100% ready to hop on the raw green smoothies, try one of these fantastic recipes out. I've long been a fan of Lisa Thiele of With Style & Grace and was so excited to see her featured in the latest edition of Rue Magazine. Her smoothies are all dairy and gluten free, and are perfect for getting important nutrients into your daily routine. Try them out and let me know which is your favorite!

No comments: