My momma's birthday is in less than a week, and I'm whipping up some sweet treats for the fam. In addition to a traditional strawberry shortcake, I'm going to make these cookies that my dear friend Meredith spotted on Lauren's Latest and totally rocked out in her newlywed kitchen. They're loaded with peanut butter chips and shredded coconut on top of the oatmeal and butterscotch. Initiating sugar high.
Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons oats
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Sift baking soda, salt and flour and stir in until just incorporated. Pour in remaining ingredients and stir.
- Scoop onto prepared pan and bake 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
- Cool 3 minutes on the pan and remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These cookies are out of control addictive. If you're like me, oatmeal cookies belong in the breakfast category to justify your insatiable sweet tooth first thing in the morning. Good luck trying to eat just one.