Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Downton Does Vogue

photography by jason bell. styled by fiona golfar. spotted on tom + lorenzo.
{vogue uk from tfs}


Downton Abbey became my go-to guilty pleasure when it debuted on PBS early last year, so I was psyched to find that my favorite back-stabbing sisters were featured in the August 2011 issue of UK Vogue. Ladies Mary, Edith and Sybil Crawley portrayed by Michelle Dockery, Laura Carmichael and Jessica Brown-Findlay, respectively, traded in their early 1900s inspired frocks (like this jaw-dropper, featured in Vanity Fair) and stepped into Ralph Lauren, Bottega Veneta, Oscar de la Renta and Valentino for this glamorous shoot.

I admit, I've already seen all of season two; I couldn't resist the full online episodes that were originally aired in the UK. It still hasn't stopped me from tuning in every Sunday night for Masterpiece though, and I can't wait for season three. Have you gone head over heels for Downton Abbey as much as I have?



7 comments:

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

I just downloaded yesterday the 1st show. Can't wait to get addicted to this show like everyone else.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty blog!
I wish I owned that second dress and had somewhere to wear it.

Patrice said...

You'll love it-cross my heart and kiss my elbow!

Patrice said...

Thank you! The gown really is gorgeous, isn't it?

Punctuation Mark said...

i'm totally hooked on this show... cannot wait for next week to the season finale...

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I haven't seen the show yet!! Yikes. I need to change that ASAP.

jeska said...

love these girls, especially the dress in the last shot!